 |
All kinds of Halva at the Mahane Yehuda wet market |
Mondays are always nightmare days. it's not only the first day of the week, it's also when I have to get up at 3am (solar time) for classes. Immediately after that is work. I finished my morning routine of jobs by 2pm and walked home. I thought I had an hour or so to rest but I realised I had classes tomorrow ... that meant preparing handouts. Then the security friends called me down to chat ... some had had a bad time with the boss after yesterday's evaluation of their performance. So I went down to chat and chill ... so that some of the upset guys could feel less bad. Popped by the neighbourhood doc to check on my pressure and sugar level as well. Still high.
 |
| All kinds of olives |
Yesterday I decided to take a long slow stroll at the Mahane Yehuda wet market. It was very interesting as always. And much more enjoyable as there was no rush or hassle. So much interesting food on sale ... Mahane Yehuda wet market is primarily jewish kosher but being local, there're also arabic food on sale. It's not cheap but not any more expensive than supermarkets or shops. I wanted to buy some papayas but none were available. Apparently they're sold only in Tel Aviv. I'll need to go there to buy some. Will be quite an expensive papaya ... with a 75 km journey included. Not worth the while.
Here are some photos of the wet market.
 |
| Sacks of spices |
 |
| The covered wet market |
 |
| Fresh fish |