The streets remain deadly quiet ... with only a handful of chinese/indonesian groups visiting. Even muslims are hardly in the streets. Only towards evening did some life return. Balloon sellers were out in the streets, cotton-candy hawkers also. Several families were passing through the Damascus Gate bazaar area. Hardly any sales though. There were still some police stationed at strategic points along the streets.
![]() |
| Home-cooked lunch |
The weather remains hot but a cool breeze blows now and then. After working in the morning yesterday, I had to come home to rest because I was feeling very weak and the headache was bad. Cooked some rice, boiled some lettuce and frozen fishballs and warmed up a pack of precooked herbal soup. Nice lunch. Then I tried to rest as my head and feet were hurting so much. But every time my eyes closed, a call would ring. Absolutely frustrating. Finally gave up resting and went downstairs to chat with the israeli security guys. Nice surprise ... an old friend was working there on emergency call. Good to see him again. We chatted for awhile before I went off to work again in the evening. Am absolutely exhausted. All I want is to sleep ...
