Friday, April 25, 2014

Coincidence?

Today Friday passed off without incident. Even though it's the Easter Octave, and our official Way of the Cross is never done ... lots of groups still come to make the Way of the Cross. Pretty weird. But then again they're tourists, and Holyland tourists have their own strange ways.

Wild carrots among the weeds
Have been having a severe allergic reaction to something. Swollen eyes, mouth and bad asthma. And several other people are getting it as well. They say it's something in the air. Hope it's not some chemical or biological warfare tests .... Anyway I trid to get some fresh air - ironically - by doing some gardening. Among the weeds growing in the tubs of jasmine and bougainvillea, I found wild carrots growing. Now how did they get there? There was lots of wild parsley as well.

A dog-walker and his
charges in Tel Aviv
Because of my severe allergic reaction, yesterday I went off to see the doc in Tel Aviv. After the checkup and buying medicine from the pharmacy, I decided to meet up two of our church helpers near Thai House - the great thai restaurant. We actually went to a cafe opposite the restaurant when the strangest thing happened: walking pass the restaurant was a french lady I once knew back in Hong Kong 15 years ago. Unbelievable coincidence?  To be in Tel Aviv, at that road corner, at that time ... it sounds so incredible ... like one in a million chance. Back 15 years she was facing a tragic time as her daughter took her own life. I helped out identifying and collecting the body and funeral arrangements. Then after that tragic incident, she said she might migrate to Israel as her family was jewish. Since then I never had any contact with her. Then 15 years later in Israel, I meet her. She had come to Israel 6 months ago to seek citizenship but was granted only residency as she is not a practicing jewess. Not being able to speak hebrew, not knowing anyone and not having a job, she was about to go and pawn her jewelry to pay her rent when I saw her. I gave her what I could to help her out. But what a coincidence .. or did God planned it all out?