 |
baby Boxer gets a helping hand in drinking water |
Another tiring morning. Got all my work done by noon and decided to go for a walk by the beach ... 70km away. Just needed to get away. The weather has changed ... cludy and cold even in Tel Aviv. But being Sabbat, people still go out to take walks, eat in restaurants (in Tel Aviv, the Municipality allows the eateries to open on Sabbat), fly kites and play beach volleyball. The crashing waves, the smell of the salty air was a good change from the narrow, dusty, noisy and reeking streets of Jerusalem. I really needed to get away.
Along the beach I saw the cutest baby Boxer running around its owner. No more than 4 months old. It was too short to reach the water so its owner carried him up to lap the running tap. It was a beautiful pic. That made my day. I wish I could have a dog like that. I miss my old Rex ... he should be 15 years old now.
 |
Hot rice and beef at Mandarin's |
Thai House was full ... overflowing its clients into the street. I couldn't get my Char Kway Teow because of the crowd. After a 3 hour walk from Allenby/Rothschild junction down to the beach and onto Jaffa (9 km in all), I took the minibus home. Was pretty hungry by then as I last had a meal yesterday ... I think. Went to Mandarin's and Ah Ling prepared some food for me: white rice, beef and fried tomato with eggs. It felt good to have hot food in the stomach. The weather had become freezing cold. I've been having severe diarrhea the entire week ... and dreadful cramps. Am waiting for the docs to call me up for a checkup.
Anyway tomorrow is Palm Sunday. I won't be doing the procession from Bethpage to the Old City. But I'll be praying for you all here at the 2nd Station.