Sunday, May 5, 2013

Orthodox Easter Sunday

Well it's not much of a celebration like us ... the Orthodox put all their attention on the Holy Fire yesterday and Easter Sunday is very very quiet. In fact all the pilgrims were rushing into their buses to get to the airport and home. Such an anticlimax.

The weather is terribly hot. In fact the last few nights I could not sleep as the room was boiling hot ... like in August. Tried to rest in the afternoon after a morning's shopping for the week's needs. Exhausted. But the phone kept ringing. Had to go out for this and that. Drove me mad as I still have severe diarrhea and nausea. And the depression is equally awful. I hate this withdrawal symptoms from Pred. I still have several more days of weaning but the symptoms will linger a little longer. And I must wake up at 3am (solar time) for class. Aaaggghhhh how can I ever recover from my sickness if I don't have a minute's rest?

Sushi at new Sakura
Anyway as part of my chores I had to bring a friend out. Walked around in the City and went to Sakura's (reopened under a new management) for some sushi as I had nothing to eat the whole day. Good to eat some simple food. Then Ah Ling form Mandarin's called to say she cooked chicken porridge and asked me over. So I had chicken porridge as well. Good for my tummy but had a severe diarrhea reaction. So much for a Happy Easter.