Today is the Jewish arbor day - Tu B'Shvat. It's a celebration of life and nature ... but the cold and gloomy skies don't invite barbeques in the parks. Some groups have gone tree planting - a good idea as most of our forests are slowly giving way to urbanisation. Rain forecast for the next few days.
 |
| Musakhan - the best! |
Last night I had a lovely surprise. My muslim friend called to say his mum made something great and I must taste it. Later that evening he sent his brother to bring a huge plate over to me. It was a taboon bread baked with onions and sumac topped with the juiciest chicken drumsticks I've ever eaten. It was really good and I thoroughly enjoyed. The dish is a typical Palestinian cuisine called Musakhan. Have a look! I guess it was Mawled al Nabi - the feast of Mohammed's birthday so my friend's mum made this. I really like local food.
Today is also the feast of Blessed Gabriele Allegra. it's the first time a memorial Mass is celebrated in his name on his feastday. It was good. The professors here remember him as their teacher many years back. The new students have not the slightest idea who he is. So Osvalda our librarian and myself decided to do up a little exhibition of Allegra's works and life at the school foyer.