What rains we're experiencing these 2 days! And cold! 5 degrees during the day, lower in the night. At 4am this morning we even had slight snow in Jerusalem. It quickly melted in half and hour though. And the wind was icy, cutting through flesh and bone. It's times like this that I feel like burning all my books to keep my room warm.
 |
| Homemade buns for lunch |
I woke up at 3am to do my work prior to going off for my medical check 70 kms away. The rain and graupel was awful as I left the house at 5am. But it was a good visit and I rushed back to Jerusalem because I had a 40 minute lesson to teach ... quite ridiculous having to travel 140 kms, costing US$300 for the journey and medical cost just to teach 20 students who can't respond to a single question. Time to call for my retirement. And it was raining graupel and only 5 degrees and I had to walk another 2 kms to get home!!!
 |
Traditional chicken soup chinese style |
As a consolation, Ah Ling of Mandarin Restaurant made veggie-vermicelli steamed buns and gave me some to eat. She also slow-boiled chicken with chinese herbs and gave me a big bowl to drink. It was nice to eat and drink this in cold weather and after the medical checkup. I hadn't eaten in the last 24 hours. It certainly gave me back my energy.
So the morning was spent in Israel's coastal city for my medical checkup. In the afternoon I went to Palestine up in the Judean hill country - Bethlehem. It was raining and wet and I wasn't thrilled. All the shops were closed too. Had to go there to do several chores but went home empty-handed, cold and with a splitting headache. Luckily my arab friend and his family were there to help me.