Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Yom Kippur

The Day of Atonement began a couple of hours ago here. All traffic has stopped. All shops closed. All Jews in sombre mood as they begin a 25 hour fast.  http://www.jpost.com/NationalNews/Article.aspx?id=286216  Well I guess there was alot to think about .... and atone for.

Atone for the racism that is rampant in this country; atone for the unwarranted violent attacks on minorities; atone for the hate-mongering and fear-mongering; atone for gross injustice .....  but like everything in this country, nothing will ever change.

Mounted Police in the empty road
The tension is very great as a result of the Yom Kippur fast. All traffic has stopped and the entire Palestinian Territory has been closed off. No one can come in or go out. The streets are deadly quiet ... mounted police are everywhere.

There was violence near our house this afternoon. Two arab families got into a fight because one guy claimed his leg was broken by a boy from the neighbouring family. I had to walk through it. Later I got news it broke out into all out street violence. The sad thing is I know them.

Atonement of sins .... honestly just looking at the sorry state of humanity, I just don't think we're get anywhere; even animals and beasts seem to fare better. Then Christ came along and took our sins on himself .....