Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Mansaf

So tonight the official New Year observance ends ... meaning no work allowed. Hopefully tomorrow things will get back to normal. Thousands of Jews went to the Wailing Wall to pray these 2 days. Military presence was super high especially after last week's muslim violent protest. But nothing serious occurred these two days ... fortunately.

The Golden Arches -
palestinian remake
The weather gets chilly in the nights ... autumn is in. This Sunday we change back from daylight saving to solar time. Then the following day it's Yom Kippur, the day of atonement. Jews will be fasting 24 hours.

My feet are much better. The swell is mostly gone. But for 3 days now I've been having intense stomach cramps and today, severe diarrhea. I'm feeling terribly weak. I wonder if it's an allergic reaction to the bites of cat ticks. Been bitten several times on both swollen feet and developed boils and pus. Horrific.

Anyway I found a really funny T-shirt - the famous golden arches of MacDonald's but with a palestinian remake ... "mansaf" a local dish of rice, bread, cheese and lamb. Finger licking good .... ooops but that's from another fastfood chain hahahahahahahahaha