Friday, July 8, 2011

Same same

Was utterly exhausted yesterday. Slept for most of the morning and all through the afternoon ... disturbed only by the phone several times. The cook came up to my room with food and his rosemary concoction because I had caught a cold. Was feeling really sick. Well after drinking the brew, I felt worse. He spiked it with brandy. No wonder I slept through the afternoon. Everyone is force-feeding me. Even Giovanni Loche (see below) insisted that I've gone too thin. The Dean said this morning that I'm below the weight ratio to my height. Well nothing is going to get me to eat ... cos I throw up or get diarrhea. Well actually almost nothing ... I guess only Vasile can get me to eat. He's very insistent.

Got up late in the afternoon and had to go out to buy some necessities. But was really feeling really down the dumps. Walked all round the New City till late in the night. Bumped into Giovanni Loche and 2 seminarians. Saw Astrid in a restaurent with someone else so I thought it discreet not to call out to her. Vasile called to see how I was and if I was eating. He's back in Romania. He was at dinner with Maria his fiancee because it was her birthday. I spoke to Maria on the phone and wished her a happy birthday. She and Vasile invited me to their wedding in November. How nice. At least it was one happy moment last night.

Israel is shockingly uncreative and without imagination when it comes to fashion. All the shops are selling the very same summer wear - white checkered bermudas. You see everyone in the streets wearing it. How I miss the range of choices and individuality of fashion in Asia. Walking in the streets last night and seeing every single person wearing the very same pants is not at all uplifting for a depressed soul.