Saturday, July 23, 2011

Asthma

Today we celebrated the vigil of St Mary Magdalene. Solemn Vespers with no one in attendance. A skeleton crew of 6 friars doing everything.

Good to see that the Palestinian archaeologists are finally doing something about the poorly kept site of Shechem. Let's hope that by maintaining the site, more tourists and students will get to see the Canaanite city once again. http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/in-west-bank-city-of-nablus-archaeologists-uncover-biblical-ruin-1.374728

Friday muslim prayers saw more violence in Syria and lots of tension in our area. The Tent protests by students and young people are spreading in Jerusalem - I saw tents in Independence Park this morning. Here's a scathing evaluation of the situation by Haaretz http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/opinion/protesting-on-rothschild-cheering-in-shas-1.374604  And medical students now join doctors and medical staff in their strike. Don't fall sick this week! Tell that to myself - my asthma has been horrific this week ... I mean really bad. I'll consider going back to Prednesone if in these 2 days it doesn't stop. I hate the side-effects but looks like there's no other choice.