Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Recuperating

Still recuperating from the activities of the past few days. The diarrhea is not getting any better.  Our community went to the cinema on Monday evening - "X men: the first class". I thought I'd fall asleep but it was interesting enough to keep me awake for the 90 mins. A huge cinema for 500 people but there were less than 20 people there.

But going back to Sunday, and our walk along the Boulevard. Vax and I decided to buy some Toto cards to see if we can win the big prize - actually Vax needs some good luck to get his doctoral studies paid. We bought 45 shekels for 5 cards and we won 30 shekels. Better than losing everything, I guess.

Vax scratching the winning numbers ... 
Along the Boulevard, the Flame of the Forest trees threw up a tremendous show. Absolutely stunning blossoms. Families walk below its shade, admiring the beauty of these trees.



The pond had lovely waterlilies in blossom as well, and the Koi were frisky between the roots.


I will miss this open-spirited city once I leave. Everyone here smiles and chats, offers help and suggestions. It's so different from the suspicious, tense, hate-filled Jerusalem. All the Rumenians are leaving, as well as Stefano, this weekend so I'll be alone. And I'll miss Eliko and his gang at Arcaffe; the fantastic team at Thai House, Ido my gym bro and the other gym rats (Matthias who's returning to Italy), the memories of Max Brenner cafe, the Boulevard, the crowds at HaCarmel market, the crazy people along the streets and beaches. This summer, I discovered I had a life.