Terribly hectic few days. Wednesday evening was the Lenten Pilgrimage Mass of the Condemnation Chapel ... missed it because I was so tired after class at 4pm I fell asleep till 8.30pm. The Mass was at 5pm.
I don't know what happened on Thursday ... only vague ideas. I remember studying hard in the afternoon. Everything seems so hazy ... like I'm being drugged. It's like being lost in space. Oh yes ... I was out at the pet shop to exchange my best singing male canary for 2 females. That was in the morning. And in the evening I finally decided to go to the Chinese Restaurant and visit the staff as I have not been there for over 2 months. Everyone was shocked to see how thin I became. Ah Ling the manageress was crying and angry that I did not inform her of the operation. She kept saying that I have no family here in Israel and so the chinese community is surrogate and will take care of me when I am sick, but I did not inform them. Por Por was terribly upset - she was actually trembling - and started boiling chinese soup for me to strengthen my constitution. Such a booha ... I was pretty embarrassed because there were many other guests at the restaurant. Anyway they are forcing me to come over in the evening to pick up soup and other stuff ... otherwise they'll send someone to come over with it.
Well today is much better. It's Friday and the streets are full of muslims going to prayers. As the Jewish Passover is a couple of days away, the streets are full of soldiers. Jews will be cleaning out their houses of leaven today because tomorrow is Sabbath and they cannot work. Monday night begins the Passover meal. Was out at my friend's place to help do some translation work. Walked home about a km. and my pants started falling down ... man ... I must be really thin!!!! I had to hold on to it with one hand and carry my bag with the other ... so embarrassing. And all the while waves of pilgrims were coming in the opposite direction making the Way of the Cross. I was very thankful that I wasn't carrying a cross at that time.
Today we received the horrible news that an Italian activist (pro_palestinian) was killed by an extremist muslim group in Gaza. Vittorio Arrigoni freely went to Gaza to help support the Palestinian cause but was murdered by the very people he wanted to help. Such utter ingratitude ... such horrendous morals of a purportedly "religious" group. There is a God and He will punish. Hamas must not leave any stone unturn to seek redress and justice for an innocent man's life. Vittorio is a martyr; he was murdered not because of any political reason, he was murdered simply because he was a christian. I want to hear some authoritative muslim voices condemning this evil, ungodly act of violence. St Michael the Archangel, protect the Church especially in Gaza ...