Jet fighters have been flying overhead the whole morning - even right now. Must be bombing Gaza again. The City is still tense and under Red Alert. Soldiers and police are stationed at every corner. But the weather these few days were excellent and lots of people wanted to go out and walk and picnic, so things are a little confusing: with uneasy light-heartedness masking the fear of a terrorist attack.
The forecast is cold and wet again the next few days. That also means more people getting sick as well. The temperature has fluctuated too much.
The past 2 days have been much better for my post-op pain. If I haven't yet mentioned, I've lost 8 kgs so far and looks like more is on its way. Need new clothes now as everything looks like a sack thrown over. I've still got 2 more months before I can go heavy work, but actually I've already been moving some things around when no one is available to help - that could be the cause of the terrible pains I've been having.
Today's Gospel reading is very long. It's the healing of the blind man at the Pool of Siloam. That's less than a km. south of our place. Right now the place is full of conflicts as the once arab territory is now taken over by the Israelis. If you know the political situation of Siloam right now, you would appreciate the question of the Gospel regarding true eyesight and faith.