Wow .... earthquake in Indonesia yesterday then 6 earthquakes in Taiwan this morning. What's up?
Last night the heatwave cooled off by a couple of degrees. But it's still hot and stiffling. The thing is there's a cool breeze of about 28 degrees every night but it never blows through the house, even with windows and doors opened. http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/year-s-worst-heat-wave-expected-to-let-up-at-least-until-tuesday-1.309414
Anyway it's so hot the canaries have stopped nesting so I put them all back into the big cage. It's a big family now - 20 of them. Prof. Giuseppe Ligato helps me take care of them.
Anyway my right eye has gone again ... the vision that is. It's all gone blur ... which happens when my sugar level gets too high. I haven't been taking ice-cream at all, but there's coke on the table for lunch. And maybe the almond/carob syrup that I bought. Boy, its pretty nasty this vision thing as I cannot read properly now.
And the right knee is a killer. The pain has not subsided since last week. Now I have to hobble up and down the stairs.
And yesterday was an end to one chapter of my life here. Ended my job, gave in my keys. No more overtime work, no more lunchless/dinnerless days, no more datelines, no more 1am walking home in the dark for 2km. I can finally rest in peace. To celebrate, I wanted to buy some sushi for dinner but being Sabbath and Ramadan, all the shops were closed. Had to settle for a baked salmon. Can't win all the time.