Monday, August 30, 2010

Another earthquake

Earthquake in Iran. Not a good time as muslims they observe the Ramadan fast and are too weak to escape.  Yesterday I bought a bottle of water and two Mars bars for a muslim friend who had just broken the fast. Poor chap was so hungry and thirsty.

Last night was a little scary as I walked home at about 9.30pm. Met Fr Massimo along the road and as we walked home together, there was a silhouette of many persons coming towards us. Alot of shouting and cursing in arabic and hebrew. As the figures emerged from the unlit road in front of our house, we saw soldiers handlocking two or three arabs. Don't know why they were arrested. But it was a pretty fierce scene. Massimo and I moved out of the way. Pretty scary because the muslim crowds were just coming out of the mosque from prayers and if the crowd was large enough, it might have led to violence.

My knees and left ankle are killing me. Too much climbing stairs up and down. Flat ground is alot better for me. Will have to rest a couple of days before I can actually resume some walking again.