The heat is overwhelmingly unbearable. Last night it was so hot I couldn't sleep. Had the windows opened, but it was still too hot. Today the sun just beat down and burnt everyone to a crisp. There's a health warning that elderly and children should stay indoors for the next few days. It's a heatwave.
Darko has returned to stay for 2 weeks. He finished his doctorate 2 years ago. Jobi defended his thesis yesterday and earned his Licentiate. Was very happy for him. He is a quiet guy who works hard and remains always in the background. Tonight he offered a barbeque dinner for our community. We had a lovely refreshing Greek salad, then vegetable soup and barbequed meat followed by ice cream. No ... I didn't take the ice cream. Don't feel well taking these things nowadays ... including Coke (stop grinning, you "Rise" people!!!). I get diarrhea after eating/drinking those stuff. But in this heat, an ice cream or Coke is really helpful. As a substitute, I found out about ice yoghurt with fruit. Real great stuff. Anyway Jobi (he's Indian, remember?) will probably go home to his mission to teach.
The Missionaries of Charity (Mother Teresa's sisters) cooked me dinner tonight - after 3 months that I haven't seen them. They were worried that I've lost too much weight and am not eating. So they cooked bee hoon and curry veggies. Real nice! But the ride home from Bethlehem (where they live) to Jerusalem was a nightmare - one full hour instead of just 20 minutes. Security at the checkpoint was horrendous!