So the week begins with a massive earthquake in the Nicobar Islands - 7.5 to be exact. Every week one earthquake large enough to be over 6.5. Scary.
Last night there were 5 immense searchlights beaming into the Old City from the Kidron Valley. But I don't think it's military strategy ... rather I think it's part of the light and sound show around the City walls. But it shone right into my window - kept me awake till midnight. And yesterday we saw a warning on the flashboard across the highway saying the Old City will be closed off from 9am to 6pm tomorrow. Don't know what is up. But it's worrisome.
Today is the feast of St Anthony of Lisbon (Padua) and patron of the Holyland custody. There was a solemn Mass celebrated at St. Saviour's parish. Very crowded. Prayed for you, Antonio. Better come visit soon and pay homage to St Anthony in Jerusalem.
And talking about St Anthony (patron of lost things) - I'm beginning to lose my memory. Don't know if St Anthony helps recover memories. I have only vague memories of my college days, no names, no faces. Visited the HJC reunion page and saw photos of classmates whom I cannot remember at all. Total blank. It's like the aftermath of a mental earthquake. I have no memories. St Anthony ..... haloo?