Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Back again

Wow so I've not blogged for the past 3 days. You can't imagine how busy I am ... no really. I've had so much to do I just don't know where to begin. Last night got home and fell straight to sleep without dinner.

Today is the feast of St. Pio (better known as Padre Pio). The house celebrated the Mass in his memory but I couldn't wake up in time for it. He was famous for his stigmata, and other gifts; but I think it's misplaced - he should be remembered for his compassion for the suffering and poor. And with that in mind, we prayed for our young friar Fr Johannes Sweetser who died yesterday. He was a famous exorcist in Rome and had many encounters with evil powers - one which warned him the time will come when he will be revenged. When Johannes got sick last year with a strange illness that eventually paralysed him, he knew it was time for the final fight. We could not help him much but to pray for and with him. His death is surely God's way of protecting him and rewarding him for his years of fighting for Christ over the evil powers. The stories he used to tell me (and showed some evidence as well) will scare you regarding the exorcisms he had done. Johannes, you did good! Rest in peace.

And Sinead came back to work .... which means more work. In fact today we spent almost 4 hours discussing and preparing a new project for our school.

Some friends from Sydney sent photos of the Martian dust ... all the red sand blanketing the city. It looks so weird: everything red and orange. But that's what happens to us in a sandstorm when the yellow desert sands blow into the city. Luckily we haven't had some this year. The rains have stopped but it's still pretty humid. Next weekend is Yom Kippur, the Jewish Day of Atonement. That's a day of fasting for the Jews and of deep recollection. Will tell you more later.