Monday, April 21, 2008

Holy fight!

It's official - 13 guys in our house down with the virus (that's what they're saying now - not food poisoning). Symptoms = severe diarrhea and vomiting. Sometimes fever and fainting. Well I'm sticking out well. Hardly anyone was at Mass this morning because of this illness. And everyone is asking how come I'm not sick - did I spread it???? Aaahhhhhh can never win...... Anyway I'm still staying clear of the kitchen food. Cooked some rice in my room last night and ate early and slept. Had an early Video-Conferencing class this morning.

Lots happened yesterday. We had a grand lunch yesterday to celebrate the promotion of 4 professors. The Custos came and we had several chats - really fun to be with him again. Today's his birthday - 43 yrs old. Apparently everyone forgot about it yesterday till I wished him happy birthday in advance, then the superior stood up and announced to everyone.

It was also Palm Sunday for the Orthodox Churches. There was the usual palm procession from the Mt. of Olives but I read in the BBC website there was a fight in the Holy Sepulchre basilica between the Armenian Orthodox and the Greeks. Police had to be called in.

I managed to clean my room - slowly so as not to raise my BP. And the alarm on my mobile is really important now as it reminds me it's time to take my medicine - I keep forgetting.

Will get back to study again now. Did one verse of analysis yesterday .