| Peafowl in the street |
I know they can do it because I had a case that I followed for over 8 years. A girl from a very poor background but given the opportunity and the kind sponsorship from some of you, she's now studying her final year in university. She's done good in last year's exams so much so that a 6 star hotel in Tel Aviv invited her to work for a week with them as a trial. I'm very happy for her.
Meantime the summer heat is climbing higher by the day. During the cooler evening one day, I decided to pay a visit to the local Melkite parish. I've known the parish priest for over 3 decades. On the way there, in the village street were a couple of peafowls wandering freely. I was surprised the feral cats did not attack them ... and there were several across the street.