| Market |
Health is a constant problem. The heavy dosage of medicines are still causing diarrhoea, fatigue and lost of memory. The sternum continues to be very painful and I tire easily. With the ceasefire in effect, we're allowed to see the doctors again. They reserved consultations only for war victims before this. I had to argue and convince the reception desk that it was an emergency because the doc needed to change my medication. That was 3 weeks ago. Now that consultation is open again, lots of people are queueing to see their doctors. The wait now can be up to a week before my appointment comes up.
| 1st Communion |
The change of weather is also affecting many people. Cold and flu symptoms everywhere. I try to steer clear from crowds because of this. My immune system is low and it's risky for me to catch any germs.
Yesterday all our churches celebrated the 1st Communion of children. I was asked to help in the Geez Rite liturgy for this. It's the Alexandrian rite for Ethiopians and Eritreans. It lasted 3 hours. I was seated most of the time as I don't have the stamina. About 20 kids received their 1st Communion and the community was dancing and ululating throughout the liturgy. It's very difficult from the Roman rite that requires silence, order and conformity.