Sunday, November 2, 2025

Another month

Clalit clinic
 Another week has passed, another month. We're into November. Today is All Souls Day. Remembered all the friends and family especially mum, during Mass. It's not been an easy year. Anyway I usually would go to our cemetery and bless the tombs of all the people I know there ... former workers, friends and relatives of friends. However this year I'm recovering from my surgery, I can't climb the steep hill on which the cemetery is established. Lots and lots of steps. I'll skip the blessing for now. Maybe later when I feel better I'll go and bless the tombs.

Have been back to my insurance clinic like regular clockwork. I've been feeling very weak especially in the afternoons, exactly how I felt when my anaemia was critical and was rushed to Hadassah Hospital emergency ward. The cardiologist is afraid I am be bleeding internally so I had to undergo two tests. Am waiting for results this week. The left foot is very much improved and is not as swollen as before. But the ankle still hurts a lot and sometimes I can't walk with it. That makes going to the Clalit clinic difficult as it's quite far away, between Sheikh Jarrah neighbourhood and Mt. Scopus where the university is situated. I can't get there without a car. Public buses do go by there but it's usually full of school kids who push and shove. I'm afraid I might get hit in the chest or fall from the jerking of bus stopping and moving. However the clinic is the largest in the east of Jerusalem and has many departments so it's like a one-stop clinic that meets 80% of our needs.

Anyway I was reminded by many that I'm very lucky to have bought the insurance policy as all my medical needs have been covered (except for some costly medicines). Thanks to all the friends in Sydney who help me with this. Really appreciate it. My memory is noticeably going ... everyone has been telling e. I think it's due to the medications that I'm taking. It gets frightening when I think about it.