 |
| My autumn rose |
Another week has ended, another month will end in 7 days. The year has almost reached its end. I'm glad it'll be over. It's been a very difficult year for me. A year ago this month our loyal and hardworking manager Katie died, within days of a good friend and colleague journalist Lourdinha and our parish choir mistress Mrs. Sabbara. A few months later another good friend and student whom I tutored also died. Then I lost my health, my mobility, my independence as I rely on people to do things for me now. Because I was sick, I lost my job. And I lost my mum. Everything crashed in 10 months.
It's autumn. Everything dies. Trees are turning brown and yellow, leaves are falling. All the summer flowers have shrivelled and are dying back. The autumn harvest is ending and the fruit trees will be severely pruned to prevent lost of water in this drought. My roses are throwing out their last blooms before they become bare stems. It's a season to die.
I just hope winter is the silent promise that new life is promised in Spring.