 |
| Devastated forest |
We're in shock as we saw videos and received news reports of a missile hitting the airport. Of course no defense system is 100% perfect. And of course it did not damage any building, plane or tarmac. Still hitting the road for alighting passengers is close enough. And this has scared everyone. The airport is closed for the time being. It's a wake up call that we should never be over-confident or complacent.
Meantime yesterday night I had to go back to Herzliya to celebrate Mass for the community there again. That's 90 - 100km away depending on which route you take. In any case you still need to pass by the fire razed forest around the Latrun area. The air is still reeking of burnt trees and wildlife. If the summer months continue to be this dry and hot, we can only expect more fires like these.
 |
| Razed forest |
Yesterday bruises appeared on my left arm and hand for no reason. I was sitting in the car on the way to Herzliya when I realised the hematoma were appearing. This morning I went to my medical insurance clinic. Dr Thaer my GP said it's due to the blood thinners I'm taking. I'm not convinced. Let's hope it won't affect the op. All I know is I'm tired easily and cannot concentrate. I fall asleep alot. It's just very low on energy. I'm feeling exhausted all the time.