Friday, September 6, 2024

Sick

It was a panicky day when I felt unwell 2 days ago. A choking on my throat and numb left shoulder. I know that feeling ... an angina attack. The people in the office immediately drove me to Clalit, my medical insurance clinic 4 km away. The doc ordered an ECG and other tests. after which he said I had to be admitted to hospital for more observation as I have flu symptoms plus angina symptoms. He called for an ambulance to take me to Hadassah Hospital but I refused as my insurance does not cover ambulance transport. That's US$200. So I opted to go to our Catholic hospital next door but Clalit would not release me until someone accompany me there. I had to call my office to send someone to come and the doctors here spoke with him to ascertain he'll accompany me to hospital. That done, I was warded in emergency room for tests etc... for some 4 hours. Eventually I was told I can go home as there's no further indication for worry. But that's our hospital. Not everyone agreed. Well I'm now weak and tire easily. I prefer to stay in my office as there're more people around who can help me if I need it.

Homegrown tomatoes

With tomatoes costing US$10 a kilo ... we're now planting our own tomatoes. It's a small harvest but we're happy. This morning I bought a roasted egg from the vendor in the street. It cost US$1 for one normal-sized chicken egg. Nothing is cheap anymore ... not even healthcare.