Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Sick

Requiem Mass for Doreen
I found out that my bout of diarrhea and vomiting was not only me but many other people living around my area (radius 15 km) have been suffering from the same illness as well. No one knows the cause and its definitely not food related. It's something in the air. Conspiracy theories abound. All I know is many people have the same symptoms on the same day in various parts of the City and suburbs.

And it's been 3 days also that I'm suffering from asthma symptoms. Lots of wheezing and difficulty to breathe. I should go to the doctor. The national is over by now so the clinics should be opened.

I'm still sad that Doreen, our Armenian parishioner, died suddenly last week from a brain hemorrhage. No words, The weather seems to reflect my mood ... dark gray skies, threats of rain that never come, chilly yet hot.

First week of school is underway. The streets are suddenly packed with students, parents and cars once in the morning and once in the afternoon; at the start and end of each school day. Then the rest of the time the streets are relatively quiet. Life isn't back to normal but we try to tell ourselves it is.