 |
| Sunrise in summer |
After 8 days of going to the Clalit clinic every morning to clean my infected finger, the doc has finally said it's ok to remove the bandage. The finger is still swollen and purple, but there is no danger of gangrene. I usually need a ride up to the clinic which is at the border of Sheikh Jarrah neighbourhood and Mt. Scopus, 4km away and uphill. My heart is not strong enough for me to walk that distance uphill. And anyway with my sporadic lost of memory, I might get lost. Twice I almost forgot to go celebrate Mass for the Ivrea sisters, and once went to the MC convent by mistake. All that took place last week.
 |
| Summer night |
The weather has leapt into summer ... daytime hitting 30 degrees but evenings dropping to 16 degrees. You must always carry a jacket with you, as you won't know when you'll need it. The Spring flowers are all dead. The trees have all lost their flowers and growing leaves and fruit instead. I expect alot of summer fruit on sale soon. It'll be expensive though, as most things are nowadays. I remember seeing a menu in a chinese restaurant in Tel Aviv ... US$20 for a plate of fried beansprouts (towgay) and chives. Unbelievable.
BTW there were 3726 views yesterday ... it's getting scary.