Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Busy day

Rainy day
We expect to see the new moon tonight. That means Ramadan will be over. However if it's cloudy and the new moon cannot be seen, then the fasting will continue for another day. And that's a possibility because yesterday it rained! Yes in April, the late Spring/early Summer shower which has become quite rare these past decades. 

It was rather cold because of the rain and I did not wear enough clothes going home yesterday. It's the 2nd time this week that temp dropped almost 10 degrees. Many people are sniffling and catching colds. I'm keeping myself safe from all that as my resistance is low. My finger is being treated by Clalit, my insurance company. Because I'm diabetic and under anticoagulants, it may become gangrenous so I must return to the hospital everyday for 5 days to check on it.

Dr. Frumin lectures on our
ancient books
Yesterday was one of the longest working days I've had. 18 full hours without break. Starting at 4am (3am solar time) for class followed by a whole series of meetings, work and more classes, ending with an exhibition of our ancient books to a group seminar in Russian organized by Beit Avi Hai. I returned home at 9.30pm very tired.

And ... 1002 viewers yesterday ... this is scary.  Very unusual as my usual viewership is no more than 40 a day.