Thursday, January 25, 2024

Full moon

Dark cold alleys
The rains have stopped but it's still very cold. This morning was 8 degrees. All my workers and volunteers are sick from this weather. They didn't come to work, and they won't come this whole week. They got sick-leave from the doctor. So I've been at work every day this week, going very early to work at 7am and returning home sometime around 6pm. 

The sun sets at 4.30pm so it's usually a cold dark walk back home. Police are everywhere. There's a palpable tension in the air. I don't look up. I focus on the slippery stone pavement and steps. My greatest fear is to fall and hurt myself. That's a typical fear of the elderly.

Full moon
Last night the full moon was peeking in and out of the rain clouds. It was rather beautiful, with the drizzle in the foreground. I stopped several times to photograph the moon. It's not allowed to stop or sit at Damascus Gate; 2 weeks back a soldier aimed his machine-gun laser on my chest to warn to me move on as I sat on the bench to catch my breath. I was having difficulty in breathing but he'd have shot me if I didn't move on. Now I walk slowly so as not to provoke an asthma attack and need to sit down.