Saturday, January 13, 2024

Cold

Very cold and rainy
The rains finally stopped after 2 days. But it's still very cold. Mornings are about 6 degrees and the highest at daytime is 15 degrees or so. This morning I had to go to Jaffa for the Chinese Mass and the difference in weather and temperature is very significant between the 2 cities. From cold, wet Jerusalem we reached a sunny 20 degree seaside weather. All the thick waterproof jackets were taken off ... only a woollen sweater was sufficient. That's how extreme the wether can be from one city to another.

My right knee is much better now. I'm able to walk without pain. And climbing stairs is also better though it still hurts after a dozen steps up or down. The cataract in my left eye is very bothersome as it's obstructing my vision. I really need to go to the Eye Hospital on the Mt of Olives to get an assessment as to whether it can be removed.