Saturday, August 12, 2023

Summer colours

Summer fruit
Weather forecasts predict soaring temp this wekend. Today and tomorrow should go up to 37 degrees and above. The govt is warning elderly and sick people not to go outdoors. Well I'm just out to celebrate Mass for the Eritrean community, after an earlier Mass for the MC sisters ... and now I'll trying to get home as soon as I can to avoid the full last of the sun. As it is, the sun is already bashing down hard. 

Summer fruit have ripened early due to this heatwave. Lots of peaches, plums, nectarines and figs, even grapes! The colours are amazing! In this heat most of the fruit spoil by evening if they're not consumed, so hawkers sell them cheaper in the evenings. The figs go very squashy and slimy but they're very sweet. I love eating summer fruit, as I lose my appetite in the heat. However the hospital has been warning me to avoid certain fruit so I either have to give up some, or to eat them in very small amounts.

My left hand is still swollen and hurting alot. I can't write much with only one hand. And so I've taken advantage of my injury to rest for the past 2 days.