Sunday, February 10, 2019

6th day of CNY

Rain this evening
It rained and rained all night and day. OK it drizzled. No difference for us since anything drop that falls from the sky is considered rain for us. I ran out of my medicine this morning but forgot to bring one back from my office where I store my stock. Thanks to the Hong Kong St. Luke's Guild for the one year supply. It costs a lot for me to buy because I have no medical insurance and I need to buy a pack of the medicine every 2 weeks. Well At 5.30pm I walked up slowly to my office 1km uphill in the rain. It was miserable. Slippery streets and steps, puddles in every pot hole. I arrived at my office which was nice and warm ... it's 6 degrees ... and took my medicine immediately. Then I rested for some half hour before making my way home. It was very dark ... because most parts of the road home had street lights that were broken. Walking down endless slippery steps is a dangerous business. Anyway I reached home safe and sound. I really should keep a couple of extra packs of medicine in my room. I'm not good at organising these things.

Armenian hymn
after consecration
The rain has claimed some lives this afternoon when a busload of ultra-orthodox jews skidded on a highway and overturned. 2 died and many injured. Drivers ought to be very careful because the roads here are not made for rains, floods and snow. We've been so used to the drought that people no longer remember how to drive in wet conditions.

This morning I had a lovely breakfast. The sisters had boiled eggs and I had a bottle of kaya (coconut jam). Ate it on toast and a hot cup of coffee. It was perfect on a cold wet morning. Then I had the armenian Mass at the 3rd Station. Several seminarians from the White Fathers, Salesians and Franciscans came. I asked them to help me, especially the armenian guys who did the singing and readings. It was a lovely celebration. I sung for the first time the mystery of faith in armenian. In fact almost half of the prayers after the Creed are now prayed in armenian. Everyone was pleased. Me too.

A new week begins ... a new semester has started. The busy routine restarts .... till summer holidays come.