 |
| Rain, cold and wet |
The sunny weather of yesterday disappeared at sunset and the rains came non-stop till now ... which is practically 24 hrs. Well I say rain but it's actually heavy drizzle ... that's as rainy as we'll ever get in this drought. Still it's good to smell the wet stones on the walls and the sound of the clattering zinc awnings. It's very nostalgic of winter 29 years ago.
 |
| Indian lunch |
This morning I had to celebrate Mass in the Empty Tomb for the Tel Aviv filipino community. It's a monthly 2nd Saturday Mass that they organise. My student, a Salesian deacon came to assist me as he usually does. It's his last few occasions to celebrate inside the Empty Tomb before he returns to India for his priestly ordination and mission. Immediately aft Mass I give the group a Bible reflection in the library. After that I had work in the library till another student came to present his work for approval. We went through it for almost an hour. Then it was work again till 6pm when another worker came to hand in her work. With almost 12 hours at work, I was exhausted by 7pm and came home ... walking in the rain. Thank goodness Bro. Leo our seminarian -cum-professional chef prepared indian biryani with dhal and chicken liver and potatoes. I helped assuage my hunger since I had no breakfast.
 |
Deacon Pushpa in the Empty Tomb |
Now it's time to sleep because I am utterly exhausted and the rain is making sleep so enjoyable. It's 6 degrees by the way ... which is very comfortable.
Yesterday a teenage jewish girl was murdered in the south of Bethlehem. Within 24 hrs the arab murderer was arrested in the central Palestinian city of Ramallah. Now I wonder why it's so difficult to find the jewish culprits who burned our churches and vandalise our property and cemeteries ... after 7 years??????