Saturday, June 4, 2016

Heatwave

The excruciating heatwave has returned ... this time with high humidity. Bread and food are getting mouldy when left unrefrigerated overnight. Everyone is trying to walk in the shade when outside. People are saying it was 40 degrees ... but I'm not sure. It was 35 degrees in the morning because I double-checked.

Street lights
under protection
Perhaps this heat will hamper the rightist youth groups planning to march through our Muslim Quarter tomorrow. Last night at 2am there was a lot of noisy chatter in the streets; so loud it woke me up. I went out to the terrace to check it out and behold, over 100 jewish youths were marching through our street under soldier guard. And they made sure everyone woke up to that. This evening smaller groups walked through our Quarter too, under protection from soldiers of course. I think tonight larger groups will come and climax tomorrow into thousands. Frightening as they can get very aggressive and violent to non-jews.

Well to equal up ... the Head of Counter-Terrorism announced that a small ISIS cell is already established here in Israel and terrorism should be expected in the near future.

Anyway yesterday municipality workmen did a whirlwind job of covering our street lamps with mesh wire and iron frames. That's how serious they think tomorrow's clash will be!!! And me?? I'm still mulling about going out to Damascus Gate and see the riots. That's me. Hope I don't get asthma attacks when tear-gas is fired.