Had to spend the last 3 days working with a group. They needed a guide ... I needed the money. Things have become so expensive now and with my constant traveling to see the doctor, buying food that I can eat without getting sick and lots of medication ... I am running desperate. So doing 3 days guiding was ok ... but its so very tiring. I hardly have the energy anymore to do this job. Looks like I must find alternative jobs more suited to my health from now.
 |
Mercantile Bank - the 1st in the Muslim Quarter |
What a surprise! In El Wad street (= "The Valley" meaning the ancient Tyropoen Valley that runs north - south in the Old City) which is the life-line of the Muslim Quarter, a bank has just been established. It's the Mercantile Bank and they bought over 2 large but useless souvenir shops and converted them to a bank and safe-deposit box room. Now that's a fantastic risk ... what with the unpredictable temper of the arabs, the constant tension between jews and arabs (the bank is jewish) and of course the high rate of robberies in that part of town.
 |
| Coca Cola in summer |
Summer is well on its way and it's very very hot. The news says that it'll be the hottest summer in over 50 years. I'll believe that! The heat just withers everything in its path. Luckily the nights are not too hot ... and there's a lovely breeze once in a while. Coca Cola has come up with a new slogan for their cans - "I love Summer". Well I would too if I get a holiday. Perhaps later in August .... but then again it's all wishful thinking. I'll never get a holiday this year. I never got one for the past 13 years.