Saturday, November 8, 2014

Cold night

The monster moon between
the Old City walls and a
New City building
Today has been relatively quiet as well. At least in Jerusalem. In Cana (water-turned-to-wine miracle) though there were riots because police shot dead a youth under questionable circumstances. This may just be the spark that lights the violence (till now limited to Jerusalem) to the rest of the country.  http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/1.625297

Worse is there's a govt. minister who called for on the spot killing of suspected terrorists ... no trial. ust shoot them dead on the spot. This seems to be what happened to the arab youth in Cana. This will certainly inflame more fear and anger among the arabs.  http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/1.625128

I did get a good night's sleep last night as there were no fights or scuffles. But it was very cold ... I think it went down to 11 degrees at 4am. I'll need to get my 2nd heater out.

Mr.Bird eats an almond
Yesterday morning wasn't good ... I was changing the water for the canaries when the catch on the cage door broke and several canaries flew away. They'll die out in the cold as they don't know how to find food. Mr. Bird on the other hand is enjoying his abundant food. In winter I feed the birds extra types of food to get them fatted to resist the cold - like corn and more varied seeds. Mr Bird gets walnuts and almonds as well as corn. And he gets to sleep in my room with the heater ... so he's got nothing to complain. And with no stun grenades or fireworks fired last night, I'm sure Mr. Bird and the canaries and finches slept well too.