Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Food galore

Lotus bulb, gingko nuts
and barley soup
You would have thought that one week before my operation, I should be relaxing in preparation. Instead Monday and today was so packed with work, sometimes 2 appointments at the same time in 2 different places .... I'm totally wrecked. This morning I had 3 appointments at the same time. I was ready to faint ... especially when I have to run 1 km from one place to another in this very hot weather.

Am so exhausted each evening, I cannot even go and see the Festival of Lights in the Jaffa Gate area. And the pain in the sinus area is awful. Gives me a splitting headache and I get dizzy most of the time. Just need to lie down. But no ... it's classes, work, meetings, writing reports .... I'm sure the op. will do me good ... if I survive it.

Last night's dinner
Ah Ling from Mandarin Restaurant is the only one (actually ehr husband too and the waitress Cha-Cha) who's worried about my operation. She's been cooking lots of food and getting me to eat every evening there so I can be strengthened for the operation. Two nights ago it was beef-steak with gingko nuts/lotus bulbs/barley soup. Last night it was steamed fish, fatty pork with dried doufu, and squid with veggies. Certainly good food ... but I get diarrhea each time I eat. So I'm not sure if it's strengthening me.