Friday, October 4, 2013

A little silence

Sr. Elene was buried yesterday morning. And my professor of ancient hebrew (20 yrs back) Fr Ravanelli who's in his 80s is in an irreversible vegetative state. Pray for him.

The weather continues to get colder and nights are really chilly. More people are getting sick ... including our students. Not a good start to the school year that begins in 2 days' time. The library is ready for use ... the fire alarm system and PA system have all been tested and working well. Only thing missing are the tables and chairs but that belongs to another project that I'm not in charge so I have no control over it.

Via Dolorosa by night
Have been feeling tense and nervous these days, as I prepare to go for my minor op. I really need a break after 3 solid months' of hardwork completing the library project. I don't think I'm ready for an op. when I'm still so exhausted. My only way of chilling out is chatting with my israeli security friends who guard the Tunnel exit in front of our house. They're equally stressed out by long hours and security jitters every minute ... so we share some common things and chat to relax. If not for them,
i'd have gone crazy a long time back. Sometimes we chat real late when they do night shift and I can't sleep. That's when I get to see the Via Dolorosa quiet ... something no tourists have ever seen. It's eerie, shadowy, yet as it's names suggests ... it's sad, lonely, stripped off the daytime circus of tourists carrying crosses and muslims touting religious objects. A little silence ... a little breather ... until the sun rises and the circus starts again ....