 |
My mini-zinnias in bloom |
The morning began with news that 3 Palestinians were killed when Israeli soldiers entered Kalandya (11 km north of Jerusalem) to arrest some guys. The soldiers were surrounded and attacked by a large mob of palestinians, and shots were fired killing 3. Then later news came reporting that an african migrant had stabbed a teenager in the stomach in a robbery attempt at the Tel Aviv beach. So much violence in one morning ....
My swollen lip is getting better. Luckily I didn't have an allergic reaction to the spider's bite. After some medication, the pain and swell subsided.
 |
| Mini-zinnias |
Work continues at a hectic pace. While the workers take turns in rotation working, I have to oversee everything so it's 7 days a week. I don't get a rest at all. But today was simply too much. I was so exhausted by weeks of work (yes I don't simply oversee the work, I actually get my hands dirty and help out in the work) I fell asleep at noon time. The body just couldn't take it anymore. Luckily the workers left early today ... at around 5pm so I had a little break .. working at the gate as doorkeeper to keep arab sellers from entering our courtyard and bothering tourists. Had a chance to chat with my Israeli security friends who also work in front of our door. They're a nice change from the tension-charged workplace. We chatted and laughed alot ... especially at the funny youtube videos these guys watch to pass the time. We had a great laugh at a video of goats making human voices.
And a little joy ... despite the dreadful heat, my mini-zinnias are in bloom. They survived the turtle-doves' ravaging appetite for young shoots and the cats' scratching of the earth in my flower pots.