Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Day of horrors

Yesterday was an absolute horror. Nothing went right. From the first moment in the morning ... painters didn't show up - a typical Ramadan occurrence. Then a student's computer was found to be stolen in the library ... the poor devil has his thesis in there and he didn't save a copy. Frantic calls to project manager, workers ... trying to get to the bottom of this. Police will be called if nothing works out. My computer line continues to be cut for the 13th day running. And worse of all, there was a huge Mass celebrated for my 25th anniversary and I not only didn't show up ... I didn't even know about it. In the middle of questioning workers about the missing computer, I got a message saying "Where are you? It's your 25th anniversary and you're missing". I'm cracking up ... they're coming with a white-jacket and bringing me to the nut-house soon ......

Yesterday wasn't the worst day of my life ... but it was damn close. My only respite was my good friend Seri who came to visit me from the Territories. Paul and Charlyn should have been here ... we'd have had a nice time. But reality is - it was an absolutely awful dreadful day.