The sky continues to be overcast with dark clouds, hiding the sun. It's cold ... about 16-20 degrees. But no rain.
Palestinians were demonstrating to mark "Independence Day" - but most of the action took place in the central country ie Ramallah, Nablus etc in Samaria.
http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/thousands-of-palestinians-protest-to-mark-independence-day-1.477679 Nothing happening here in the south. Everyone just wants to get on with life ... work, pay the bills and eat 3 meals.
 |
| Sufgoniot I bought yesterday |
And talking about meals, it's the time of the year for sufgoniot (or
Pączki in polish) ... those doughnuts without holes, filled with jam or chocolate. Yummy. Not good for my diabetes but I had two yesterday. After all sufgoniot comes round only once a year during winter. Gave some to our polish sisters who love eating them as well. Sr. Vicenta hasn't perfected baking them. Her first lot were hard as rocks ... literally. Used to throw them at the cats to chase them out of our courtyard.
So far it's been a quiet day - time to read, study and correct an article for our annual. It's good not to be stressed .. but I wonder how long this will last.