Somehow time seems to be flying past and I'm not aware of what's happening around me as everything is whizzing pass .... still can't remember much of anything these few days. Living in a daze. ALl I knonw is I have a bad back ... sitting too long reading on my research. Found something interesting ... a good lead into my thesis. Was so engrossed I sat for hours reading till I have a sore back. Read until 3am when I felt very very hungry - haven't eaten anything for 30 hours. Ate an apple, then a pear, but still felt hungry. SO went down to the fridge and found some leftover spaghetti ... something I'm not allowed to eat. Well I ate it anyway. Then immediately I got the diarrhea of my life ... cramps, nausea and diarrhea. What a price to pay.
 |
| The Dome at Jaffa Gate Square |
Anyway before that bad experience, I decided to take a walk in the evening to clear the head. Passed by Jaffa Gate and saw the huge Dome of Lights - it's the main fixture for this week's Festival of Lights in the Old City. The festival is an annual event that draws Israelis from all round the country to come visit the Old City.
 |
| Closeup of the Dome |
The Dome is intricately woven with fluorescent lights in floral patterns. Quite a work of art and patience.
 |
Fluorescent figures at Damascus Gate |
This year there'll be more lights and more involvement of the Muslim Quarter. There's something being planned in the park beside Damascus Gate - it's been cordoned off and workers appear to be working. For the moment I can only see two figures made from fluorescent lights. It's going to be interesting to see what developes. Anyway the opening of the festival is tomorrow - at least that's what I hear.
Now I need to rest ... I think. But my books are calling me ..... It's Trinity Sunday ... a mystery of revelation; maybe a little more reading may enlighten me more.