Monday, May 23, 2011

Crawling back to life

Have been off air for several days due to a crippling diarrhea since last Friday. Absolutely awful. Almost fainted last Saturday because of it. Still got it today.

But I managed to crawl to the Indian Mass (Konkani) because Praveen's mum came and he wanted me to be there. We both celebrated the Mass with the usual huge crowd of several hundred, then went off to their Konkani Centre (actually a small flat) where they organised a party for Praveen's mum up on the roof. They had barbeque chicken wings and curry pork, and of course what I love most - curry fish and rice. Had some of it but everything came out just as quickly. Utterly hopeless. Unfortunately Prav couldn't stay for dinner as he had another Mass in Haifa ... 2 hours car ride away.


Earlier someone from the US State Dept. invited me for lunch in her home. Lovely baked Salmon (no oil) which I can eat. But everything came out as well. I guess I should go back to the hospital. Something is wrong somewhere.

That's Prav's mum in red sari and blue shawl. They felt cold up on the roof but the rest of us were hot because we were manning the barbeque.


Anyway things are worse for others. An innocent girl near Hebron was killed "out of honour" by her family even though there was no proof.  It is really a sad sad situation when people are hounded and killed because of rumours and perceived realities. http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/meast/05/20/mideast.honor.killing/index.html?hpt=P1