Sunday, May 8, 2011

Black Day

12 dead in the fanatical muslim attack of a Coptic Christian Church in Cairo. 200 injured.  2 churches burnt. The persecution never ends. When will the world wake up and do something to help the christians? I guess never ... it's the destiny of Christians to carry their cross and die.

This evening Memorial Day begins. Israel remembers its fallen soldiers of the past 63 years. A minute of silence will be observed and many businesses will be closed or open late after the memorial siren is sounded.

Yesterday I faced a shameless encounter of racism. I went to a Jewish-Israeli institute to ask for information but before I could finish my sentence, the guard spoke in perfect American accent "Don't speak english to me. I don't speak english. I don't understand english". The simple fact was I was not Jewish nor Israeli and they don't want to serve "gentiles/pagans/goiim". So much for Independence Day which will be celebrated on Tuesday ... instead of a open democratic society, Independence Day reminds us gentiles that it's 63 years that we're not welcomed here. Yet we are the ones who hold up the Israeli economy - bringing in tourists that make up 40% of the country's income.