Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Headache and gratitude

Another martyr - Pakistan Minister for minorities was shot dead by Taliban because he opposed the blasphemy law. He was the only Christian minister in the Pakistani cabinet. The persecution continues and I don't see the world raising a hue and cry over it. Is it because Pakistan has no oil to exploit like in the arab lands? This fanaticism against christians must end, and it must take something drastic and quick; otherwise the Church in Pakistan will disappear soon.

The arab unrest has spread to Armenia yesterday. Heat is rising in Oman. Here we have had helicopters flying overhead for a couple of days now. Don't know where exactly is the problem ... and there're no news reports: probably a gag has been enforced.

Today I have this splitting headache that refuses to go away. I can hardly look with my eyes as the pain is making me squint. Makes me nauseous.

I'm so grateful to some of my classmates when they heard I'm going up north for my op. (which is minor, so no worries, people!). Some immediately offered to drive me there (a pretty long ride) and stay with me till I'm discharged and then drive me home. Transport is always a problem when traveling to and from the north; and frankly I dislike it intensely. Luckily Highway 6 cuts the distance and time by a quarter. But anyway the guys were so great to me. Grazie ragazzi! It's this community of students and friars that is so caring and selfless that makes me always so thankful to be here. Well one of them will drive me there and stay till I'm ready to come home, and then drive me back to the south. Imagine that! I actually get to choose my driver! Maybe he'll be driving back alone .....