We're in Easter! Here the locals wish each other "El Messiah kam" and the response is "Hakom kam" meaning "Christ is risen" - "He's truly risen". It's actually a translation from the traditional and ancient greek greeting "Christos anesti" - "alethos anesti".
It's a great season here in Jerusalem because the resurrection took place here, and we can all see the place - the Empty Tomb in the Holy Sepulchre basilica. Wanna know how I spent my birthday? Picking rubbish in the Basilica at 7am on Easter Sunday. Yup, that's the truth. The Orthodox who celebrated their "Holy Fire" service at Easter Vigil left a mess of rubbish in the basilica ranging from tissues to orange peels, apple cores, bread crumbs, biscuits .... you name it. They have no quelms about eating in church ... even the holiest place in Christianity. Well the mess was so overwhelming Bro Greg and I decided picking up the garbage. After that everyone was laughing at me because that's how I started Easter Sunday and my birthday - picking garbage in the Holy Sepulchre.
I hope you liked the videos of Holy Week. It's all in italian but the images speak for themselves. Most of you who have been to the Holyland would recognise the places.
el Messiah kam!