It's my turn to clear the dinner table after meals this week. Not easy to carry 4 bottles each time to the fridge in the kitchen when my finger hurt. So anyway brought the 2nd lot of bottles and before they slipped from my hands, i wanted to push them quickly into the fridge. But bashed my left hand into something sharp (everything was dark - didn't turn on the lights and the fridge doesn't have lights). Now my left hand hurts. But no excuse - tonight it's carrying the bottles back again.
Friday again. Last night the prayers in the mosque were long; crowds were gathering into the esplanade and sitting around the ground while speakers were probably teaching them. I can see all this from my roof. This morning at 4.45am I saw the flash of the canon being fired. It sure was powerful - as usual the windows rattle when it does.
Now that Fr Bissoli has gone to guide a group, I'm taking over some of his job - feeding the cat (never knew we had one - never saw it. It's a big ginger Tomcat), water the plants in the courtyard, feed the tortoises. Guess what, the tortoises actually hiss when I pick them up - they make noises! Maybe tomorrow they will start talking to me.