Thursday, July 9, 2026

Sick

Kitten at the Gate
 It's been a year since my open heart triple bypass. Things should be improving except it isn't. Acid reflux due to the numerous medications I take every day is suffocating me 24 hrs a day. From nausea to vomiting and severe diarrhoea ... I've been to the doctor twice. Two days back Dr Thaer put me on two strong antacid medication. The night medication is working ... I could finally sleep last night after a very long time. No choking sensation, no nausea.

However the day before, I had a dull pain radiating down my left head to shoulder and arm. The left hand is quite swollen. So is the left foot. Doc examined me and said I'm not yet totally healed.  The heart still has problems and the nervous system is still bit short-circuited. Doc changed the dosage of 3 medications and hopefully the swelling will go down. For the past month I was also under observation for prostate problems. My PSA had shot up so high Doc sent me to a urologist who then orders an ultrasound and one month medication before a second PSA test. That was done last week and yesterday Doc said it went down by one point. Not terribly optimistic but at least it went down a notch. 

The truth is: I'm not feeling my best.