| The flowering almond tree that was cut down |
I hear the almond trees in the Ein Kerem valley have blossomed. But none in Jerusalem have flowered. Strange. I found an old photo of the almond tree at Damascus Gate that used to announce the coming of Spring ... but now it's been cut down. It's been there for some 30 years since I first arrived. Now it's gone due to some arbitrary decision by the municipality.
My flu is becoming worse. I went to the doc 3 times last week. Doc said it's too late as the flu is already in its 5th day. I'm having very severe pains in the chest wound of the operation because I'm coughing too much. Now I'm having a fever. I've no appetite. And I have a severe headache as well. What type of flu is this? I'm not the only one who has it. Many in my house and outside also have it. The newspapers are not talking about it so it doesn't have a name.